Inlet Centre Profile
The Inlet Centre neighbourhood is the youngest area of Port Moody, located at the head of Burrard Inlet. It serves as a focal point in helping to link the north and south shores of the community.
Port Moody’s City Hall, Public Library, Inlet Theatre, Recreation Complex, and Eagle Ridge Hospital, are all located within the award winning, master-planned, Inlet Centre community.
This is where Port Moody’s higher density residential and commercial development has been focused, and provides pedestrian oriented local shopping, and local employment opportunities. These new development areas include:
- Klahanie, showcasing the artistry of West Coast designs in their 4 storey condos, townhouses and high rise apartments, where over 1,000 families now live close to the trails of Rocky Point Park, and the Inlet mud flats at low tide. Klahanie Community Website
- Newport Village, which reminds one of Whistler Village and offers a variety of amenities including grocery, shops, restaurants, cafés and services. Newport Village Website
- Suter Brook Village, which is compared to a bustling European Village plaza. This pedestrian-friendly area houses the largest Port Moody grocery store, Thrifty’s, as well as a handful of shops, restaurants, cafés and services. Suter Brook Village Website
Many annual events are held at the Inlet Theatre and Civic Centre including the Port Moody Canadian Film Festival and the Wearable Art Awards. A winter farmers market is also held every second Sunday at the Recreation Complex. There are always events happening in the “City of the Arts” and many are held in this bustling neighbourhood.
- Pioneer Memorial Park – Corner of Ioco Road and Heritage Mountain Boulevard
- Town Centre Park – 300 Ioco Road
Recreation and Facilities
Entertainment and Activities
- Inlet Theatre – 100 Newport Drive
- Port Moody Library – 100 Newport Drive
- Port Moody Film Society – (Films shown at Inlet Theatre, 100 Newport Drive)
View Port Moody Neighbourhoods in a larger map
ALL PROFILE LINKS: